Pair of well cast bronze models of the "Chevaux de Marly"
A small pair of fine quality well cast bronze models of the "Chevaux de Marly ", each with a man and rearing horse raised on rectangular plinth bases. The Carrera marble originals commissioned from the workshop of brothers Nicolas & Guillaume Coustou by Louis XV for the horse pond at the Chateau de Marly, were installed in 1745 & later moved to the Champs Elysees during the Revolution. They were inspired by 4th century Roman copies of Greek originals called the "Horse Trainers " on the Quirinal Hill in Rome.
|Dimensions:||Height:||4" (10 CM)||Width:||4 1/4" (10.5 CM)||Depth:||5" (13CM)|
|Material||Bronze and Marble|